Police investigate sudden death of one-year-old girl
Published at 11:02, Wednesday, 12 December 2012
Cumbria police are investigating the sudden death of a one-year-old girl.
Officers were called by the ambulance service to an address in Barrow just after 6am today.
The child was taken to the Furness General Hospital but died, says a force statement.
Police are investigating the circumstances of the death on behalf of the coroner.
The girl's family is being supported by relatives and police officers.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)