Police investigate sudden death of one-year-old girl
Published at 11:02, Wednesday, 12 December 2012
Cumbria police are investigating the sudden death of a one-year-old girl.
Officers were called by the ambulance service to an address in Barrow just after 6am today.
The child was taken to the Furness General Hospital but died, says a force statement.
Police are investigating the circumstances of the death on behalf of the coroner.
The girl's family is being supported by relatives and police officers.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (1 comment)
- Police warning of fishmonger scam
- Mercy plea from army bosses saves Carlisle soldier from prison
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (22 comments)
- Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops after stealing £1 milkshake
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)