Police hunting hit and run driver
Published at 17:33, Wednesday, 02 July 2014
Police are hunting a driver who failed to stop after hitting another vehicle in Maryport.
The incident was on the A596, near Filmby, heading towards Maryport around 10am on Monday (June 30).
A Cumbria Police spokesman said that the suspect had been overtaking a double decker bus, which was parked at the time, before hitting the brown Vauxhall car.
The vehicle that the suspect was driving was described as a Volkswagen car which was possibly a Polo which made off in the direction of Maryport.
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101 and ask to speak to PC Sue Ashburner.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)