Pensioner airlifted to Newcastle hospital with serious injuries
Published at 15:26, Monday, 09 April 2012
An elderly woman has been airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries in a fall.
The 67-year-old was taken by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance from Thornthwaite, near Keswick, to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle at lunch-time today.
She was said to be stable on arrival at the hospital's specialist treatment unit.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|