North Cumbria road closed after car hits telegraph pole
Published at 09:45, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
A road was closed this morning after a car hit a telegraph pole.
The B5304 between Wigton and Red Dial was shut to traffic after two separate one-vehicle crashes.
The first happened at around 7.25am when a silver Toyota Yaris left the road a quarter of a mile out of Wigton.
The driver was said to have received minor injuries.
Shortly afterwards, a red Nissan Primera car crashed at the same location.
Emergency crews and utility companies attended the scene.
A police spokesman said the road would be closed for around two hours.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|