North Cumbria road closed after car hits telegraph pole
Published at 09:45, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
A road was closed this morning after a car hit a telegraph pole.
The B5304 between Wigton and Red Dial was shut to traffic after two separate one-vehicle crashes.
The first happened at around 7.25am when a silver Toyota Yaris left the road a quarter of a mile out of Wigton.
The driver was said to have received minor injuries.
Shortly afterwards, a red Nissan Primera car crashed at the same location.
Emergency crews and utility companies attended the scene.
A police spokesman said the road would be closed for around two hours.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle police to patrol with medics on Black Eye Friday (17 comments)
- Tour of Britain's £4.1m boost for Cumbria (2 comments)
- 80 jobs as Cumbrian firm builds new factory for plastic bank notes (16 comments)
- Carlisle school lodges official complaint about Ofsted inspectors’ impartiality (21 comments)
- 'Deserters' leaving Carlisle to shop in Glasgow are harming city (93 comments)
- Cumbrian pub gets go-ahead for longer opening hours (24 comments)
- Ex-Cumbrian health chief says working across Border 'a breath of fresh air' (5 comments)
- Bus cuts across Cumbria loom in bid to save £1.3m (38 comments)
- Hospitals smoking ban goes too far, says Carlisle councillor (77 comments)