Missing Cumbrian mum and children found safe and well
Last updated at 13:24, Saturday, 03 March 2012
A Cumbrian mum who had gone missing with her two young children has been found safe and well in Lancashire.
Police had been growing increasingly concerned about Victoria McIntyre, known as Vicky, from the Silloth area.
She had last been seen at 9.30am on Tuesday in the Ingol area of Preston, where she has family links - though officers had received a probable sighting of her and the children on Thursday morning in Morecambe.
It is thought she may have been with Cumbrian man David Alan Low, aged 46.
Described as being of large build, she is about 5ft 2in tall, has blue eyes and pierced tongue. She has long, brown coloured hair, usually worn tied back.
When last seen she was wearing denim jeans, a grey coloured pullover with hood and trainers.
Her two children are Aidan, aged eight-and-a-half months, who has dark hair and brown eyes and Juliemay, aged four, who has blond hair.
When last seen, Ms McIntyre had a black coloured pushchair and a blue coloured holdall with her.
Detective Inspector Adrian Johnson said yesterday (Fri): "We want to make sure Vicky is okay and that her children are well. We have been checking previous known addresses of Vicky to see if she is there with the children.
"Vicky's mother is very concerned about her daughter and her grandchildren and wants to know that they are all okay."
He urged Victoria to ring them in order to assure them that she and the children were okay.
First published at 17:40, Thursday, 01 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (45 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- The country cures
- Swims aid new pool finances
- Son jailed for attack
- Car boot sale
- Band plays it again
- Shoe shop shortlisted
- BAE Systems ships at centre of dispute set to leave Barrow docks after years in limbo
- Santa makes light work of switch-on celebration
- Updated: Barrow drink-drive suspect bailed after crash between two cars and a cyclist on A590
- Barrow AFC announce 2015-16 season-ticket prices (3 comments)
- Drink blamed
- Cumbria brewery closed by rat infestation
- Massive cost of dealing with stray dogs in Cumbria revealed (3 comments)
- Barrow to hold its first Gay Pride night (43 comments)
- NEW WHEELY BIN SCHEME AIMS TO REDUCE WASTE
- Furness Academy: Group presents its findings after investigating attitudes to Barrow
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- FOOD REVIEW: La’l Churrasco, Ulverston (2 comments)
- Barrow man denies drug charges
- Barrow Raiders floodlight work nears completion