Manslaughter charge after fatal crash in west Cumbrian village
Last updated at 16:39, Thursday, 17 January 2013
A man has been charged with manslaughter following the death of a pedestrian in a crash in a coastal village.
Kyle Twentyman, 21, of Main Street, Allonby, will appear before a court in connection with the death of Raymond John Pattinson, 20.
Mr Pattinson, of Edinburgh Road, Maryport, suffered fatal injuries following a collision with a Suzuki Swift on the main road through Allonby in March last year. He died at the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
Mr Pattinson had worked at The Old Postinghouse at Deanscales, near Cockermouth, as a junior chef. He was thought to be in the process of applying to join the Army.
A family statement at the time said Mr Pattinson had enjoyed life to the full and was “loveable, sensitive and kind”.
Police today confirmed the charge had been brought against Twentyman. He is due to appear before Carlisle Magistrates’ Court on February 1.
First published at 16:34, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|