Man tried to break up pub fight while holding baby - court
Published at 13:33, Monday, 28 July 2014
A man has appeared in court for ill-treating a baby during a disturbance in a pub.
Christopher Thompson, 28, was holding the boy when a fight broke out at a private party in the west Cumbrian pub on November 23 last year.
The court heard he put the baby at risk when he tried to break up the fight.
At Carlisle Crown Court today, Thompson, of Coniston Close, Workington, pleaded guilty to a charge of child cruelty.
He was remanded on unconditional bail for background reports and will be sentenced on September 5.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (2 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (69 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|