Man held after Cumbrian woman's body found
Last updated at 11:24, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after the death of a woman in Whitehaven.
Police were called to Wasdale Close at about 1pm yesterday (Tuesday) where they found paramedics attempting to treat a woman.
The 22-year-old Whitehaven woman, who was inside a property, was pronounced dead at the scene.
She has today been named by police as Mica Atkinson.
Her death is being treated as suspicious. Detectives are investigating the circumstances.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and is being questioned by police.
The coroner has been informed. A Home Office post mortem will take place.
First published at 21:59, Tuesday, 27 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (63 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (99 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (91 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (59 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (4 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles