Man badly hurt in Carlisle street attack
Last updated at 12:06, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Police are investigating an attack which left a 41-year-old man with a broken arm and cheekbone.
The man, who was attacked in the Lyndhurst Gardens area of Morton on Monday evening, also suffered severe cuts, bruising and swelling.
Two men from the Carlisle area, aged 21 and 29, have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
They have been bailed until April 14.
The victim walked to the hospital and the police are appealing for anyone who may have seen him to contact them on 101.
- Police are appealing for witnesses to a separate serious assault outside a Carlisle nightclub.
A 25-year-old man received “significant injuries” outside Concrete on Lowther Street at 2am on Saturday .
Witnesses or anyone with information should contact CID on 101.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 05 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|