Man badly hurt in car collision
Last updated at 09:22, Sunday, 06 April 2014
A man suffered serious head injuries after being hit by a car.
The incident happened near Chasers pub in Washington Street, Workington, at the junction with Upper Jane Street at around 10.40pm last night.
Police say a blue Ford Fiesta driven by an 18-year-old man from the Workington area was travelling south towards Kwik Fit when it collided with a 36-year-old male pedestrian, also from Workington.
The victim was initially treated at the scene by paramedics but was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle with serious head injuries.
Officers from the Western Operational Support Unit and the Collision Investigation Unit launched a probe into what happened.
The road was closed for around two-and-a-half hours while the investigation was underway.
Police said this morning there has not yet been an update to the victim's condition.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact PC Mark Ormerod from the Western Operational Support Unit in Workington on 101.
First published at 08:18, Sunday, 06 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|