Man badly hurt in car collision
Last updated at 09:22, Sunday, 06 April 2014
A man suffered serious head injuries after being hit by a car.
The incident happened near Chasers pub in Washington Street, Workington, at the junction with Upper Jane Street at around 10.40pm last night.
Police say a blue Ford Fiesta driven by an 18-year-old man from the Workington area was travelling south towards Kwik Fit when it collided with a 36-year-old male pedestrian, also from Workington.
The victim was initially treated at the scene by paramedics but was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle with serious head injuries.
Officers from the Western Operational Support Unit and the Collision Investigation Unit launched a probe into what happened.
The road was closed for around two-and-a-half hours while the investigation was underway.
Police said this morning there has not yet been an update to the victim's condition.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact PC Mark Ormerod from the Western Operational Support Unit in Workington on 101.
First published at 08:18, Sunday, 06 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)