Man attacked his wife, Carlisle court told
Last updated at 11:15, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
A man has admitted assaulting his wife and putting her in fear of violence.
Marcin Mariusz Franciszcak, 37, had originally been accused of harassing and threatening to kill Karolina Przybylo but those charges were dropped when he pleaded guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to alternative offences of affray and common assault.
The details of the charges were that Franciszcak admitted were that he used or threatened unlawful violence against Ms Przybylo following an incident in June and assaulted her by beating her in February.
Those he denied were making a threat to kill her, leading her to believe he might carry it out, on June 13 and assaulting, threatening or intimidating her on several occasions between last November and June.
Franciszcak, of Goodwin Place, Carlisle, was remanded in custody for background reports and will be sentenced on Friday, September 26.
First published at 11:14, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|