Man accused of stalking Carlisle woman he met on Facebook
Last updated at 11:10, Saturday, 18 February 2012
A man has appeared in court accused of stalking a Carlisle woman he befriended through Facebook.
Gavin Stevenson is said to have sent more than 700 unwanted texts to Kirsty Jackson.
He is also alleged to have made a series of phone calls and threats – some in person.
Stevenson, 28, formerly of Dalbeattie Road in Dumfries, appeared before Carlisle Magistrates’ Court charged with pursuing a course of harassment that put the victim in fear of violence and making threats to damage property.
Stevenson denies the offences, which the court heard took place between October last year and February 13.
The magistrates decided that the matter was so serious it needed to be dealt with at Carlisle Crown Court. The case was adjourned for committal papers to be prepared.
Stevenson was remanded in custody until his next hearing, which will take place via video link on February 23.
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 18 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)