Man accused of making threat to kill woman
Last updated at 11:20, Wednesday, 30 July 2014
The case against a man accused of threatening to kill a woman went ahead without him at Carlisle Crown Court – because a video link from Durham Prison was not working.
Marcin Mariusz Francisczak, 36, was in the prison on remand. But when his case was called the video link was not working.
His barrister Keith Thomas agreed that the hearing should go ahead without Francisczak, of Goodwin Place, Carlisle, who is charged with making a threat to kill Karolina Przybylo on June 13 and harassing her in the months before.
He was remanded in custody and is expected to enter his plea on August 26.
First published at 11:19, Wednesday, 30 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|