Main west Cumbrian road blocked by crash
Last updated at 17:01, Friday, 09 November 2012
A main road in west Cumbria was blocked this afternoon by a crash.
The driver of a Ford Mondeo was taken to hospital with a suspected broken arm after his car was in collision with a flatbed lorry on the A596, near Workington.
Firefighters cut the roof off the car to remove the man and a baby boy, who was in the back of the car.
The child, who police said was well strapped in, was uninjured.
The lorry driver was also unhurt.
Traffic was backed up in both directions after the crash, which happened between the New Balance factory at Flimby and the Indorama factory at Siddick.
The road was closed while firefighters freed the people from the car and police then directed traffic while the scene was cleared.
The accident happened at 3.30pm.
First published at 16:03, Friday, 09 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|