House fire in Cumbria town
The kitchen of a house on Park Road, Brampton, was extensively damaged in a fire tonight.
No occupants were in the house, which was filled with smoke, at the time of the fire at about 7.50pm.
A passing neighbour saw the fire and rushed to Brampton fire station to alert the firefighters. A crew from Carlisle east station also attended.
Using four breathing apparatus, the firefighters put out the fire using a hose reel jet and then cleared the building of smoke. They were on scene for about an hour.