Girl, 12, critical in hospital after bike accident on Cumbrian road
Published at 08:41, Monday, 19 March 2012
A 12-year-old girl is fighting for her life after falling off her bike.
The youngster, from Appleby, was said to be in a critical condition after suffering serious head injuries while out riding with her father in fine weekend weather yesterday.
She came off her bike on the road at the bottom of a hill. It happened between Hoff and Burrells, near Appleby, at 5.25pm.
A police spokeswoman said: “She was treated at the scene by paramedic staff before being flown by air ambulance to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, where her condition is described as critical.”
The road was closed for two hours to allow police to examine the scene of the accident.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (48 comments)
- Airport road delays could last up to 18 months (17 comments)
- Campaigners lose battle to save St Bees School (29 comments)
- Up to 60 jobs at risk as Cumbria university bids to save £6m (4 comments)
- Cost of Cumbrian hospital rebuild now almost £32m (5 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (59 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (197 comments)
- Bus firm Stagecoach increasing fares across Cumbria (44 comments)
- Group closer to buying Lake District mountain (8 comments)
Court & crime
- Like or lump nuclear dump (10 comments)
- Man of letters stands by his friends in need
- Laying charges at hospital doors (7 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (9 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|