Gas supply roadworks in Carlisle city centre
Last updated at 10:54, Monday, 05 May 2014
Roads in the centre of Carlisle will close when work on replacing gas pipes begins tomorrow.
Northern Gas Networks is replacing metal pipes with plastic ones as part of a £120,000 scheme in Victoria Place.
Work is expected to take six weeks and Spring Gardens Lane will close from May 12 for two weeks. One lane on Lowther Street will also close.
Site manager Matty McBride said they had been talking to local residents and business owners ahead of the work to make sure they were aware of it.
“We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and reassure members of the public that we will do all we can to complete the work as quickly as possible,” he said.
First published at 10:53, Monday, 05 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (5 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (2 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (44 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (6 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|