Gas supply roadworks in Carlisle city centre
Last updated at 10:54, Monday, 05 May 2014
Roads in the centre of Carlisle will close when work on replacing gas pipes begins tomorrow.
Northern Gas Networks is replacing metal pipes with plastic ones as part of a £120,000 scheme in Victoria Place.
Work is expected to take six weeks and Spring Gardens Lane will close from May 12 for two weeks. One lane on Lowther Street will also close.
Site manager Matty McBride said they had been talking to local residents and business owners ahead of the work to make sure they were aware of it.
“We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and reassure members of the public that we will do all we can to complete the work as quickly as possible,” he said.
First published at 10:53, Monday, 05 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|