Four hurt in Carlisle smash
Last updated at 09:25, Sunday, 17 June 2012
A woman was airlifted to hospital with leg and pelvic injuries following a three-car smash near Carlisle on Saturday.
The accident happened around 1.30pm, near Story Rail's premises on the B7076 Carlisle-Gretna all-purpose route that runs parallel to the M6.
It involved a Fiat Punto, a Vauxhall Astra and a Skoda.
A female in the Fiat had to be cut free by firefighters.
The woman in her twenties was airlifted by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
She had suspected leg and pelvic injuries.
Three others in the Fiat were treated at the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle.
The road remained closed while emergency services removed the damaged vehicles.
First published at 16:10, Saturday, 16 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years