Four arrested following Carlisle bank robbery
Published at 15:31, Saturday, 08 May 2010
FOUR men from Liverpool have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at the Bank of Scotland at Rosehill, Carlisle, this week.
The balaclava-clad robber, who was armed with a hammer, made off with bags of cash after he tackled security guards as they made a delivery.
The four men in custody – aged 21, 22, 32 and 39 – were arrested on suspicion of robbery and are being questioned by police.
Officers have not said how much was stolen.
They have recovered three stolen vehicles, which may have been used in the robbery in Wavell Drive at 7.30pm on Monday.
They want to hear from anyone who saw a large white Transit van in Rosehill Industrial Estate in the last two weeks.
And from anyone who saw a silver Audi A5 and a red Audi A4 together in the city since bank holiday Monday.
Contact Cumbria Police on 0845 33 00 247.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|