Firefighters spend hours tacking Cumbrian harbour grass blaze
Last updated at 13:00, Monday, 02 April 2012
Firefighters spent more than two hours tackling a large grass fire.
Crews were called to a bush blaze near Harrington harbour at about 1.30pm yesterday.
Two appliances from Workington attended, along with a wildfire specialist team from Silloth.
The blaze, estimated to have covered about 1,000 metres square of grass and gorse, was extinguished using a jet and beaters by 4pm.
The fire followed days of dry weather and another large-scale grass fire started on the Scottish side of the Solway Firth at Criffel, near Dumfries.
First published at 14:48, Sunday, 01 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)