X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Thursday, 05 March 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Fire breaks out in washing machine

Firefighters tackled a blaze which started in a faulty washing machine.

Crews from Brampton and Carlisle East were called to a property on the road between High Gelt Bridge and Castle Carrock at about 6.30am on Saturday.

The washing machine was well alight on arrival and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to put the fire out.

The property was then ventilated to clear the smoke. None of the occupants were hurt.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Do shops refusing to serve alcohol and tobacco to underage youngsters deserve praise?

Yes, at least we know some reputable retailers are looking out for our kids

No. It's the law. Do all people who abide by the law now qualify for a pat on the back?

Makes no difference. Underage drinkers and smokers will get what they want somewhere else

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: