X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Thursday, 23 October 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Fire at Carlisle house caused by cigarette, court told

An 18-year-old left clothes smouldering after stubbing out a cigarette.

When police arrived at the house of Anthony Alan Hext, in Scotby Gardens, Carlisle, they found the door open and smoke inside.

Carlisle magistrates heard how the fire alarm was going off and they found a small fire near the cooker.

They put the fire out and contacted Hext, who was renting the house, at his mother’s home.

The court heard how Hext thought he had extinguished the fire and then left.

He now lives in a hostel in John Street. Hext admitted arson and was given a one- year community order. He was also ordered to pay £85 court costs and a £60 victim surcharge.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Should dogs be banned from Talkin Tarn?

Yes, a complete ban is the only way to prevent the mess

No, but instead of creating new tarn attractions the council should spend money on dog wardens

No, most dog owners are very responsible. Why spoil it for the majority?

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: