Fashion chain Topman chooses Cumbria for Christmas campaign shoot
Published at 14:21, Wednesday, 13 November 2013
Clothes brand Topman ditched the catwalk for Cumbria to stage its latest fashion shoot.
The high street retailer’s online magazine took a group of models to the west of the county, to capture winter shots for an upcoming Christmas campaign.
Wastwater and Drigg, near Seascale, were the settings for the shoot, with pictures taken amid the autumnal splendour of stunning woodland, countryside and lakeland scenes.
The firm, which has shops in places including Carlisle and Dunmail Park, Workington, said its team swapped “skinny lattes and hummus” for strong tea and pasties “all in the name of shooting a magnificent Christmas editorial”.
“First stop was Drigg,” said a spokesman, adding they gave the village a hashtag on social media.
“Here we shot three looks – one consisting of a nineties-esque grunge combo of a light fur-lined denim jacket and flannel shirt.
“The second was a smart grey checked three piece; and the third a warm and cosy puffer-style jacket with scarf and beanie.
“We then hit the road in search of our second location – Wastwater.”
Models also moved onto nearby woodland for some moody pictures.
The spokesman added: “The weather remained fine, so we returned to the lake to hammer the last of the shots, which included winter staples of parkas and chunky cardigans.”
The finished shoot is set to feature at Topman.com
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)