Family pays tribute to Cumbrian woman found dead in house
Published at 11:32, Monday, 03 December 2012
The family of a young mum found dead at a house last week have paid tribute to “the most amazing person in every aspect of her life.”
Mica Atkinson, aged 22, was found dead at Wasdale Close, Whitehaven, on November 27.
A 25-year-old Whitehaven man arrested on suspicion of manslaughter has been bailed until January 2013, pending further inquiries.
Miss Atkinson's family said that their lives had changed forever in the most unimaginable, painful way.
"Our breath-taking daughter, our beloved sister, most cherished granddaughter and most selfless mummy was taken away from us too soon.
“Mica was the most amazing person in every aspect of her life. She gave 100 per cent of her mind and soul; she threw her heart into everything. She was always a person you could rely on, if you needed anything, no matter how big or small, she would go to the end of the world to help you.
"Mica was beautiful, inside and out, you can easily see by all the people whose lives she had touched, you see the impact she had. Whenever she had a smile on her face the entire room would lighten up, she would always be the cause of rapturous laughter with her many ‘Mica moments’. That will be one of the many things we will miss about her. "
They added that there was only one thing Miss Atkinson had ever wanted - to become a mum.
"Thankfully she did, she gave us her beautiful little girl, Lilly. Mica loved her more than anything in the entire universe. There wasn’t a single thing she wouldn’t do for her. From the moment she was born Mica had blossomed into the most mature, outstanding mother.
"She was a mother to us all, that was her instinct. If she would go to the end of the world for an almost stranger you can imagine what she would do for her only daughter.
“It’s an understatement to say that we miss her because there isn’t a word to describe the amount of agony we’re in. We welcome any family and good friends that wish to visit us. We hope you will all share in the thought of looking into the sky at night and seeing the brightest star and think ‘That’s our Mica’," added the family's statement.
The circumstances leading up to Miss Atkinson’s death are being investigated by detectives.
Further tests have been requested by the Home Office pathologist to establish the cause of death.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)