Ex-Cumbrian teacher is no gold digger, says love split Masterchef star
Last updated at 12:18, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A former teacher who split from TV celebrity Gregg Wallace said she would not take him to court for a share of his money.
Heidi Wallace, 30, who used to live near Carlisle, married the Masterchef star just months after quitting her job at Ullswater Community College and heading south to be with the 47-year-old greengrocer turned caterer in a whirlwind romance.
The couple’s split emerged on Sunday, after 14 months of marriage, and Heidi took to Twitter, where she met Wallace in 2009, to defend herself against “nasty comments” on newspaper websites.
“The papers aren’t being too awful – it’s the nasty comments from readers that are the most hurtful,” she wrote.
“[It’s] all very amicable and [we are] still very close. He’s a wonderful man.
“I won’t be taking Gregg to court. I have no right to his money.”
Heidi, who is also his personal assistant, remains at the marital home in Whitstable, Kent, looking after his two teenage children, Tom, 18, and Libby, 15, while Gregg has reportedly moved into a flat in London.
She said it was a difficult time but they would get through it and thanked posters on Twitter for their “supportive messages”.
She said the couple ‘definitely’ planned on staying friends and added that it was not easy being in the spotlight.
A friend of the TV personality is reported to have said that his work schedule had caused difficulties with his wife, a biology teacher.
He met her in 2009 when she Tweeted him to ask if he knew he had been labelled a ‘weird crush’ in a magazine.
He replied: “Ever visit London? Give me a call, I’ll buy you lunch”, which was followed by a date at the Baftas.
Mrs Wallace, née Brown, from High Hesket, moved into his Kent home just four months after their first date.
They married in January 2011 at five-star Coworth Park hotel in Ascot, Berkshire.
Gregg yesterday defended his wife on Twitter against claims she was a gold-digger.
He posted: “Anyone suggesting @HeidiPWallace is a gold digger is well off the mark. I’ve never met anyone with such little interest in money.”
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|