Eden Valley Epic bike rider has heart attack
Last updated at 12:04, Monday, 04 March 2013
A man in his 50s suffered a heart attack while taking part in the Eden Valley Epic bike ride.
Emergency services were called to the incident between Murton and Wharley Croft near Dufton at 1pm yesterday.
A Cumbria police spokesman said: “Until all the facts are known we are treating the incident as a possible road traffic collision.”
The man was airlifted to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, where his condition was described as “very poorly”.
The 60-mile route started at Penrith Leisure Centre and headed south towards Orton before looping north to Appleby then going through Dufton, Milburn and Langwathby.
First published at 11:29, Monday, 04 March 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|