Driver arrested after car crashes into Cumbrian house
Published at 10:10, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
A car crashed through a garden wall and into a house.
Its driver was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following the smash in Egremont last night.
Police said a Daewoo collided with a garden wall and crashed into the house on Croadalla Avenue at about 8.20pm.
Officers added there was no structural damage to the house, which is understood to have been empty at the time.
The driver, a woman in her thirties from Egremont, was in custody today. She was not seriously injured in the collision.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|