Deputy to take over at Lakes College West Cumbria
Published at 11:43, Monday, 29 April 2013
Deputy principal Chris Nattress will take over the helm at west Cumbria’s college later this year.
His appointment as principal of Lakes College West Cumbria will start on September 1 after Cath Richardson retires from the top job at the end of the academic year.
Mark Stanger, chairman of the college’s board, said the appointment followed a rigorous and competitive selection process.
Mr Nattress, a keen sportsman who lives in Cockermouth with his young family, moved to the town four years ago when he joined the college as deputy principal.
Mrs Richardson will retire at the end of August after more than 20 years in education.
Her connection with the college started after she left her role of assistant education officer for Cumbria County Council and started as director of human resources in 1992.
In 2003 she became deputy principal, before taking on her current position in 2007.
Mrs Richardson, who lives near Wigton, has said increasing the profile and reputation of the Lillyhall college has been among her achievements during her time in charge.
Mr Stanger said: “We are delighted to have found the college’s next principal after a very rigorous and competitive selection process and look forward to working with Chris to continue local delivery of high quality further and higher education in the coming academic year.
“Until then, we will enjoy the remaining time we have working with our current principal, Cath Richardson, whose retirement takes effect from the end of August.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle house could be demolished (18 comments)
- Plans for 100 homes in Cumbrian town set to be approved (4 comments)
- Carlisle mobile phone problems are priority, says Vodafone (32 comments)
- Six issues to fix Cumbria's healthcare revealed (9 comments)
- Thousands of starfish stranded on Cumbrian beach (11 comments)
- Takeaway boss blames council building site in Carlisle for lack of trade (24 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (62 comments)
- Airport road delays could last up to 18 months (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|