Cyclist hurt in hit and run on main Cumbrian road
Last updated at 11:37, Tuesday, 14 January 2014
Police are hunting for the driver of a car involved in a hit and run crash with a cyclist.
A 39-year-old man, from Cockermouth, was taken to hospital after a collision near the town.
Officers said they were looking for a blue car in connection with the incident.
The collision happened on the A5086 road to Lamplugh just as the cyclist was riding onto the A66 roundabout at about 4.20pm yesterday.
He was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
It is understood that his injuries were not life threatening.
First published at 16:49, Monday, 13 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|