Cyclist found on Cumbrian roadside dies in hospital
Published at 20:19, Monday, 21 July 2014
Police say a cyclist who was taken to hospital following concerns for his "welfare" has died.
The man, 40, was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle but was pronounced dead yesterday (Monday) afternoon.
He was today (Tuesday) named as Dominic Abraham, aged 40, of Great Whittington, Newcastle.
The force said it was called at about 10.35am yesterday "following concern for the welfare of a man who had been on a bicycle".
This was on the A592.
A spokesman added: "There are no suspicious circumstances and the coroner has been informed".
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (8 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)