Cyclist 'critical' after accident in Lake District
Last updated at 09:48, Sunday, 08 July 2012
A cyclist is in a critical condition in hospital following an accident in the Lakes.
The 27-year-old man, from the Grasmere area, came off his bike near Thirlmere at about 10.15am yesterday.
He suffered life-threatening neck injuries.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being airlifted to Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary by the Great North Air Ambulance’s Pride of Cumbria helicopter.
His condition was last described as “critical”.
First published at 09:45, Sunday, 08 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle soldier who made sick comment about dead child grew up in 'racist family' (50 comments)
- Job fears for appointment staff at Cumbrian hospital (13 comments)
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (16 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (43 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (38 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (37 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (22 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (44 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|