Cumbrian woman stole to help her heroin addict boyfriend
Last updated at 11:58, Friday, 06 September 2013
A Workington woman ended up in court after trying to help her drug-addict boyfriend get heroin.
Toni Louise Weir, 26, of Guard Street, appeared at West Cumbria Magistrates’ Court and admitted stealing three bottles of Lynx shower gel from Bodycare.
She told District Judge Gerald Chalk her boyfriend had a heroin addiction and she stole the shower gel so he could sell it to buy the drug.
She added: “I’m really ashamed of what I did and I don’t want to do it again.”
Weir told the court her boyfriend was now seeking help and she had applied for a volunteering role in a charity shop.
She was fined £65, £85 costs and a £20 surcharge.
First published at 11:50, Friday, 06 September 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Pub's plans to stay open until 4.30am blasted by council (20 comments)
- Ex-Cumbrian health chief says working across Border 'a breath of fresh air' (5 comments)
- Bus cuts across Cumbria loom in bid to save £1.3m (38 comments)
- Hospitals smoking ban goes too far, says Carlisle councillor (69 comments)
- Allerdale set to back Government proposal to sideline county council in nuclear store search (52 comments)
- Can Carlisle's Castle Way cut it in the future? (26 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty queen overcomes cruel internet bullies (10 comments)
- Carlisle dad fined for cycling with daughter on shoulders (44 comments)
- Major police operation in Carlisle area blighted by criminals (11 comments)
- North Cumbrian hospitals struggling to recruit staff (12 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|