Cumbrian woman punched in the face at bus stop
Last updated at 09:15, Monday, 09 April 2012
A woman was punched in the face as she waited for a bus in Workington.
The 48-year-old and her partner were waiting in the bus station when they heard two men planning to attack them.
The couple fled but the woman was caught and punched in the face by one of the men.
He was aged around 30 with a shaven head, of medium build and wearing a grey jacket and dark coloured pants.
The woman suffered a cut lip in the attack just after 9pm on Friday night in Murray Road.
Police will study CCTV footage at the bus station as part of their investigation.
First published at 09:11, Monday, 09 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|