Cumbrian man punched hole in his television
Last updated at 11:19, Sunday, 27 January 2013
A man was given a supervision order after punching a hole in his television and throwing a punch at a policeman.
David Folden, 40, of Harriston, Aspatria, pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer.
He had been watching football and shortly after midnight on December 3, his wife called police, who found Folden had punched a hole in the television.
Carlisle Magistrates’ Court heard that when an officer attempted to enter the property Folden lunged at him and swung a punch, grazing the officer’s cheek. He then held two Yale keys in his hand and threatened to stab the officer.
In Folden’s defence, the court heard that he had psychiatric problems and had not touched any alcohol since the incident.
Folden was given a 12-month supervision order and must do 100 hours community service, pay £50 victim compensation and £195 costs.
First published at 11:14, Sunday, 27 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)