Man in court charged with samurai sword offence
Published at 18:16, Friday, 05 April 2013
A man has appeared in court charged with threatening another man with a samurai sword.
Ryan William Ross, 21, of Honister Drive, Workington, has been charged with possessing a knife blade or sharp pointed article in a public place following an incident on the town’s Mossbay Road on Wednesday night.
He has also been charged with common assault.
Ross entered no formal plea when he appeared in West Cumbria Magistrates Court this afternoon.
He was remanded in custody until May 2 when he is expected to enter a plea at Carlisle Crown Court.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|