Man in court charged with samurai sword offence
Published at 18:16, Friday, 05 April 2013
A man has appeared in court charged with threatening another man with a samurai sword.
Ryan William Ross, 21, of Honister Drive, Workington, has been charged with possessing a knife blade or sharp pointed article in a public place following an incident on the town’s Mossbay Road on Wednesday night.
He has also been charged with common assault.
Ross entered no formal plea when he appeared in West Cumbria Magistrates Court this afternoon.
He was remanded in custody until May 2 when he is expected to enter a plea at Carlisle Crown Court.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|