Cumbrian man dies in 'shed roof fall' tragedy
Last updated at 11:39, Saturday, 12 January 2013
A man from Workington has been found dead after apparently falling through a shed roof.
It is not clear how far he fell but police say they were called out at 6.25pm yesterday to reports of a sudden death.
A spokeswoman said officers were called to a farm on the outskirts of the town after a man in his 40s was found dead in an outdoor shed.
“He had suffered fatal injuries after appearing to have fallen through a roof,” she said. “Officers conducted inquiries around the scene and determined that there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
“His family have been informed and a file will be passed to the coroner.”
The police have declined to reveal the name of the farm where the body was found or the specific location as this would identify the man before all relatives were informed. The spokeswoman said that no further information would be provided by police because the “death is not being treated as suspicious and occurred on private land”.
A Health and Safety Executive spokesman said they were aware of the tragedy and had launched an investigation.
First published at 09:24, Saturday, 12 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (45 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- The country cures
- Swims aid new pool finances
- Son jailed for attack
- Car boot sale
- Band plays it again
- Shoe shop shortlisted
- BAE Systems ships at centre of dispute set to leave Barrow docks after years in limbo
- Santa makes light work of switch-on celebration
- Updated: Barrow drink-drive suspect bailed after crash between two cars and a cyclist on A590
- Barrow AFC announce 2015-16 season-ticket prices (3 comments)
- Drink blamed
- Cumbria brewery closed by rat infestation
- Massive cost of dealing with stray dogs in Cumbria revealed (3 comments)
- Barrow to hold its first Gay Pride night (43 comments)
- NEW WHEELY BIN SCHEME AIMS TO REDUCE WASTE
- Furness Academy: Group presents its findings after investigating attitudes to Barrow
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- FOOD REVIEW: La’l Churrasco, Ulverston (2 comments)
- Barrow man denies drug charges
- Barrow Raiders floodlight work nears completion