Cumbrian man charged with causing death by dangerous driving
Published at 12:49, Monday, 07 April 2014
A man has appeared in court charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
Ryan Glendinning, 23, is accused of being responsible for the death of Dominic Loftus at Greystoke, near Penrith, last year.
Glendinning, of Dacre Bank Farm, Dacre, near Penrith, is also charged with causing serious injury to two other people while driving a BMW on the B5288 on October 3.
He appeared at Carlisle Magistrates Court today, where the case was adjourned after a brief hearing to be heard at the city’s crown court.
Mr Loftus, known as Dom, was a popular pub manager, with his parents having both The Oddfellows Arms in Caldbeck, where he worked, and The Sportsmans Inn at Penruddock.
Glendinning faces five charges.
- Causing the death of Dominic Loftus by dangerous driving
- Causing serious injury to Ross Dawson by dangerous driving
- Causing serious injury to Daniel Todd by dangerous driving
- Failing to provide a specimen for analysis
- Causing the death of Dominic Loftus by driving without due care and attention
The case was adjourned.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)