Cumbrian drug man denies intent to supply cocaine
Last updated at 11:35, Friday, 15 August 2014
Police found drugs as well as scales, 'dealer bags' and cash after they were called to the scene of a domestic dispute in Workington, a court heard.
When the white powder, which was recovered from the Brown Street address, was analysed it was found to be cocaine.
Hallam Sloan, 25, appearing at Carlisle Crown Court, admitted possession of the Class A drug but denied he intended to supply it.
Neil Bisarya, prosecuting, said: “This defendant has already admitted that the drugs found at the property were his but he is denying that he intended to supply it to others.”
Mr Bisarya said that the police were called to Sloan’s address in May last year because he and his partner were heard arguing.
He said: “He was ordered to leave the premises to allow his partner to pack her belongings. Also present at the address were two young children.
Mr Bisarya said that Sloan later handed himself into the police where he was arrested on suspicion of intending to supply the drugs.
When police searched the address they found a number of mobile phones and £110 in cash.
Mr Bisarya said: “The weighing scales were analysed and traces of cocaine were found on them.”
He added that a number of text messages were recovered from the mobile phones that were “indicative of the intention to supply”.
The court heard that when Sloan was first interviewed by police he had accepted that the items found at his home belonged to him but at the second interview he made “no comment”.
The trial continues.
First published at 11:31, Friday, 15 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)