Cumbria uni students offer tips and advice on clearing
Last updated at 09:10, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Students who gained a place at the University of Cumbria through clearing last year are offering tips and advice in the run-up to A-level results day.
Thousands of teenagers will collect their results tomorrow and discover if they have the grades needed to gain a place at their first choice university.
For those who do not get their expected grades, clearing offers an alternative route into university.
Kofi Boateng, 35, gained a place on the BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy course through clearing and is based at the university’s Fusehill Street campus in Carlisle.
He said: “I advise any student who will go through clearing not to be discouraged at all but rather embrace the opportunity being offered.”
The University of Cumbria has tips and advice for students awaiting their results at www.cumbria.ac.uk/clearing.
The University of Cumbria's clearing hotline – 0808 1787373 – will be open from 7am until 7pm on Thursday and Friday. It will be running from 9am until 5pm on Saturday, when campuses will also be holding open days for prospective students.
The helpline will be manned by staff and current students who will offer guidance around availability, necessary interviews, course details and sign-posting to other support services.
First published at 09:06, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Row erupts in Carlisle over £80 fines for not using gullsacks (21 comments)
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (17 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (15 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (5 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (4 comments)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (8 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (75 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (7 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|