Cumbria uni students offer tips and advice on clearing
Last updated at 09:10, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Students who gained a place at the University of Cumbria through clearing last year are offering tips and advice in the run-up to A-level results day.
Thousands of teenagers will collect their results tomorrow and discover if they have the grades needed to gain a place at their first choice university.
For those who do not get their expected grades, clearing offers an alternative route into university.
Kofi Boateng, 35, gained a place on the BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy course through clearing and is based at the university’s Fusehill Street campus in Carlisle.
He said: “I advise any student who will go through clearing not to be discouraged at all but rather embrace the opportunity being offered.”
The University of Cumbria has tips and advice for students awaiting their results at www.cumbria.ac.uk/clearing.
The University of Cumbria's clearing hotline – 0808 1787373 – will be open from 7am until 7pm on Thursday and Friday. It will be running from 9am until 5pm on Saturday, when campuses will also be holding open days for prospective students.
The helpline will be manned by staff and current students who will offer guidance around availability, necessary interviews, course details and sign-posting to other support services.
First published at 09:06, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|