Cumbria police launch summer drink drive campaign
Published at 10:09, Sunday, 01 June 2014
Police have launched their annual summer drink drive crackdown.
The force is expecting bars to be packed with people watching the World Cup and has urged football fans not to get behind the wheel after cheering England on with a drink.
Appleby Horse Fair is also being held in the days leading up to the start of the football extravaganza and police expect “a large number of people” will be out during June.
Sergeant Paul Brown said: “A person under the influence of alcohol cannot control a vehicle responsibly and safely.
“Drinking alcohol can severely impact reaction time as well as impair your co-ordination.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (10 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (2 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (1 comment)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (73 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|