Woman motorist attacked by man she stopped to help
Published at 11:30, Tuesday, 22 May 2012
A woman motorist who stopped to help a man who flagged her down was attacked in her car.
The 33-year-old woman was between Stainburn in Workington and Brigham on her way to Cockermouth when the man, who was in a lay-by, urged her to pull over.
He got into her car and told her to turn around and drive towards Workington.
To make her comply, he pulled her hair.
The man got out of the car near the Stainburn roundabout.
The woman was left shocked but unhurt.
The man is described as about 20 years old, 5ft 9in tall, of slim build, with short dark hair. He was wearing black trousers and a black jacket with a hood. He did not have a local accent.
DCI Keith Capstick said: “We are appealing for witnesses to help us catch this man. He has somehow got to the lay-by in the first place and someone may have seen him or given him a lift before the incident.
“He left Stainburn on foot sometime between 7.45pm and 8.10pm and someone may have seen him. The victim is obviously shaken by the incident after she had stopped as a Good Samaritan."
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Curle: Assistant Colin West has been given "a couple of days off"
- Striker Ibehre eyeing promotion with Carlisle Utd
- Rain buckets down as Silloth Green hosts live performance of The Tempest
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)