Cumbria police hunt for hit and run driver
Last updated at 11:53, Friday, 22 February 2013
Police are hunting a driver who failed to stop following a collision in Buddle Road, Workington.
The incident was at 10am on Wednesday and the suspect collided with a black Volkswagen Polo.
A Cumbria police spokesman said the impact caused “substantial damage”.
He said: “Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision and are particularly interested in speaking to the member of the public who provided details of the vehicle which is believed to have been involved.”
No description of the car is currently available.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact PC Stephanie Spears on 101.
First published at 11:51, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|