Cumbria police hunt for hit and run driver
Last updated at 11:53, Friday, 22 February 2013
Police are hunting a driver who failed to stop following a collision in Buddle Road, Workington.
The incident was at 10am on Wednesday and the suspect collided with a black Volkswagen Polo.
A Cumbria police spokesman said the impact caused “substantial damage”.
He said: “Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision and are particularly interested in speaking to the member of the public who provided details of the vehicle which is believed to have been involved.”
No description of the car is currently available.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact PC Stephanie Spears on 101.
First published at 11:51, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years