Cumbria police charge man in takeaway firearm probe
Published at 10:26, Monday, 20 August 2012
A man has been charged with firearm offences after an alleged incident at the Chattanooga takeaway in Egremont.
Ryan Dixon, 21, of Main Street, Frizington, was due to appear in court in Workington this morning.
Police were called to the takeaway just before 11pm on Thursday.
Dixon has been charged with possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, racially aggravated assault, assault, criminal damage and theft.
Police say a firearm was recovered.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (10 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (25 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (33 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (21 comments)
- Northern Lights above Cumbria (7 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (42 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|