Cumbria police appeal after man with knife robs shop
Published at 09:42, Wednesday, 22 January 2014
A man has been arrested after a knifepoint robbery in a toffee shop.
Police were called to the Toffee Shop, in Brunswick Road, in Penrith last night.
They said a man wearing a grey hoodie and tracksuit bottoms threatened staff with a knife. He is said to be aged between 40 and 50, with facial stubble, and of medium build.
The would-be robber, who struck just before 5pm, fled in the direction of Bluebell Car Park.
Police said a 42-year-old man from Penrith has been arrested.
They want any witnesses, or anyone in the area at the time, to call 101 or Crimsestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who noticed anyone running away from the area or acting suspiciously.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)