Cumbria police appeal after 'cut up' car hits verge, overturns
Last updated at 11:21, Thursday, 08 May 2014
A car flipped over after hitting a verge when it was cut up by the driver of a ‘classic’ vehicle.
The woman driving the Vauxhall Corsa that crashed escaped serious injury.
Police are appealing for information about the incident, which happened on the A595 south of Bothel.
Officers said the 21-year-old in the Corsa was travelling south behind a car described as a ‘classic’. It was gold and similar to an Austin Allegro.
The two cars approached a slow-moving vehicle. Police said the Corsa tried to overtake but the other car pulled out when the Corsa was almost level.
This caused the Corsa to swerve and hit the verge. The ‘classic’ car continued onwards, said officers.
The Corsa driver suffered minor neck injuries.
The crash happened at about 4.15pm on Sunday.
Police are appealing for information on 101.
First published at 11:18, Thursday, 08 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)