Cumbria crime author Matt Hilton spooked by 'paranormal activity'
Last updated at 11:33, Friday, 06 December 2013
A crime writer has revealed he was so spooked by suspected supernatural activity that he had to move home.
Former policeman Matt Hilton was living in a large Victorian house when strange happenings occurred. Now he’s using that experience as the basis of a new book – and has opened his mind to the possibility of paranormal activity elsewhere.
The author, from Abbeytown, near Silloth, insists he still takes sceptic’s approach when hearing stories about strange goings on.
But the 48-year-old has established his own group to conduct investigations and is looking for locations they could investigated.
He said: “We will do our best to offer alternative natural explanations, in the hope that what is left over or unexplainable is, in fact, paranormal.”
Matt says he has been open-minded about the possibility of places being haunted since the experiences he and his wife had 26 years ago.
“We experienced quite a lot of paranormal activity in the house – to the point where we gave up and left,” he said.
'Undulating light anomaly' caught on tape. Article continues below...
Much of the activity they experienced was the likes of unexplained bangs and items moving.
“My wife had nightmares. It frightened us,” Matt added..
“The group I’ve set up is looking for anyone who would like us to come in and do an investigation.”
Anyone with a suggestion can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published at 11:19, Friday, 06 December 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)