Cumbria body collection contract worth almost £400,000
Published at 12:46, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
A contract for collecting dead bodies across Cumbria could be worth up to £380,000.
Cumbria County Council has put out the contracts on behalf of the coroner across the county for the next three years.
The contracts have been split into nine areas of the county after the existing holder, Dignity Funeral Care, ends the contract in August.
The council has said by splitting the contract it is hoping to attract more small firms to tender.
Among the stipulations for any firm hoping to be awarded the contract is to be able to arrive within an hour when a call is made by the police to remove a body.
The tender says: “When a death occurs, and it is reportable to the HM Coroner, there is a requirement to arrange for the deceased/dead body to be conveyed from the place of death to an appropriate mortuary facility, or other such location as authorised by HM Coroner or their representative, pending a post-mortem examination.
“Reliable and timely arrangements must be in place to move the deceased/dead body to the appropriate location as quickly as is practicable.”
Tenders are open until April 18.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|